Relevant and Innovative Learning Scenario
Brief Overview: Using a blog with students in a creative field such as video, audio and broadcast will advance class interaction
- Target Audience– Visual Audio Production Instructors
o Computer workstation
o Power source
o Internet connection
o Writing utensils
o Cellphone or iPad
At the end of the scenario, instructors and administration will be able to:
Evaluate how involving Video/Audio Production students in multimedia creation and
broadcast will improve student results.
Adapt classroom image to involve multimedia production and broadcast. Currently the
classroom includes video capture and edit only.
Articulate lessons to include posting multimedia documentation of each completed
lesson and or event. More specifically documenting student’s education on the educational access channel (LISD TV) and multimedia Web 2.0 tools.
A. Create a blog specifically for the LISD TV maintained by the Visual Audio Production class, managed by LISD Multimedia Technician.
B. Currently the class captures and creates video; add instruction and experience for production, transcoding and video broadcast across multimedia Web 2.0 resources also using in-house video server.
5. Web 2.0 Tool– Blogger www.blogger.com
Blogger is a Web 2.0 tool used to document in reverse progress order such as a journal of events linking to specific items pertaining to the subject reported on the web managed by a group or single person. The purpose of the blog could be to document actions and add social interaction to a subject.
6. Social Participation/Social Learning– The Video Audio Production classroom will change from learning to capture and video edit into a fully productive educational access channel production house for the community’s LISD TV. The addition of using the Graphics class for design, the Marketing class for marketing and the Video Audio Production class for video editing with the addition of documenting the video via multimedia sources. Assignments would include the steps from beginning the broadcast planning all the way through broadcasting the final product. The collected information for the social partners and community will be documented on blog.
- Making Connections– Through the approval process, the Communications Coordinator and the Superintendent will provide input. The addition of a blog will give the educational access channel and the classroom social interaction that is managed by full time staff. The student will also connect on different levels of their own knowledge by:
a) Adding to the video capturing and editing skills by learning the processes needed for each individual transcoding and broadcasting outlet.
b) Working towards the end result and more real life scenarios.
c) Adding social awareness not only to the local community, but also the
world wide web.
- Create/Produce – New and improved LISD TV Multimedia Studio
- Assessment –
· 1st year students will achieve video capture and editing completed videos with introduction to scheduling broadcasting and blog updates.
· 2nd year students will complete 1st year tasks with the addition of blog posting, transcoding and multimedia documentation by broadcasting.
- Reflection –
a. Each student will create their own blog to document their progress and published materials. Their published work will also remain on the LISD TV blog.
b. The instructor/producer will have a “LISD TV” producer page welcome for student and community comments. This page will help the producer as self reflection documentation and compare with what the public sees.
11. Implementation Outcomes –
1. Instructor #1
This was too advanced, slow down
2. Instructor # 2
Wanted to meet to continue advancing these ideas
3. Instructor #3
Liked the ideas wanting me to move forward
4. Instructor #4
Liked the idea and has her own ideas, but would like to see the ideas in more advanced form.
We will be meeting on Tuesday for more advancement in this process.